I shelled out for a bunch of fancy Whole Food berries when Christine came into town, but I has a tiny pint leftover. Too little to make a real pie, but too many to justify eating with whip-cream and sugar (don't judge). So I made this:
Blackberry Mini Pies
This is all you need:
- 1/8 cups white sugar
- Single pie crust (from here), or get lazy and buy a frozen pie crust (the rolled up kind - not the already in a pan kind)
- 6 ounces of fresh blackberries
- Butter (just a sliver, and don't try to subsitute this for anything else, just leave it out if you need to)
- Tart pans (I use these) or a muffin pan
|Hedgehog measuring cups help out the process a lot.|
1) Wash the berries and let them air dry while you create/defrost (frozen) dough.
2) Mix the berries with the sugar and leave to mix together
3) Roll the dough out, and create mini pie crusts by tracing around the edge of the tart pan + 1 inch.
3) Press the dough gently into the tart pans, and trim the excess off. Chill in the fridge for 2 - 3 minutes
4) Roll the edge of the dough over, tucking into the tart pan to make things pretty
6) Dump in some sugared blackberries
8) Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until the lattice work looks almost brown. Kill the heat and let sit in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
|According to Caroline, I can't be a true yuppie because I don't have a cake stand.|
|P.S. Christine got me this Cupcake Royale plate for Christmas!|
1-2 ounce Schweppes Bitter Lemon soda
and 2-3 wedges of clementine
2) Pour in the bourbon, followed by the soda to taste
3) Mix and enjoy!