Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday's Treat: Fauxbucks

Remember how I told you my coffee obssesion started young? Well I'm not proud to admit it, but I often toted those pre-made Starbucks frapp drinks around in addition to my short vanilla lattes.


Starbucks Frappuccino drinks, Cheap, Starbucks cheatStarbucks Frappuccino drinks, Cheap, Starbucks cheat


At nearly $3 for a short bottle, and $4-5 for a big bottle, you are paying a lot for convenience.

But floating around the internet was a cheat recipe to make 10 cups of the stuff for a lot less:



In fact I've made roughly 10 cups. I already had the white and brown sugar on hand (since I'm an adult, Grant). I had to go out and buy coffee ($6.77 on sale) and the creamer ($3). Since I have enough coffee grounds leftover to probably make another 30+ cups and enough creamer left over for another 10 cup batch, I figured it came out to about $3.25 per batch.

Fauxbucks

Ingredients for 10 cups:
  • 10 cups hot water (it doesn't need to be boiling)
  • 10 tablespoons ground coffee
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vanilla creamer

Supplies:
  • Coffee maker + filter, french press, pour over filter (what I use)
  • Contianer to hold it all (I use giant mason jars)




Steps:

1) Use a coffee pot (or other method) to make 10 cups of coffee (you may need to do this in batches)
2) While coffee is brewing, put the sugar (white & brown) in the bottom of your container.
3) Pour the ready coffee into the container, disolving the sugar by stirring ever so gently as you go.
4) Let cool, pour in creamer and stir well.
5) Refrigerate overnight, pour*, enjoy.



*The ingredients sometime settle at the bottom, so you may want to shake things up before you pour... another reason I use the mason jars.



Iced fauxbucks goes really well with this healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe:



Which is found on an amazing vegan treats blog called Chocolate Covered Katie. I made this dip in October and while Grant didn't really like it, I did - so yay more for me! I've been thinking about it ever since, and just might need to make it again this weekend.


xxCharlotte

1 comment:

  1. MMMM that cookie dough dip. I have brought it to many a party where it has been a huge hit (though Spenser joins Grant in his dislike of it).

    ReplyDelete