Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Weekend Wishes: Derby Ready

Considering I did not know what Lilly Pulitzer was when I was growing up, it might surprise some that I have a major crush on the brand.

But their clothes symbolize what I've tried to make my outlook on life; sunny, colorful and full of adventure.

Here are my picks if I was attending any of the Triple Crown Races (I think the Kentucky Derby would be my favorite) which are on my bucket list.

Derby Ready:


Henley Dress in Multi-Corded Organza Stripe, $288.

If I had my choice, I would wear this to a polo match.

Lacinda Dress in Just Add Mint, $288.



Mint juleps on a dress? Perfect for the Kentucky Derby. 

Tabitha Dress in New Green Batt It Up, $378.



Love this green lace.

MarieKate Dress in Hotty Pink Go to Batt, $378.



Tried this on in the green above last summer and fell in love. Seriously regret not buying it then.


Iona Shell Engineered in White Safari, $148



I think this is from last summer? Anyhow, they are almost of out it.

Every Derby Ready outfit needs something to top it off:

Have you ever ordered from Marley Lilly? They are an awesome online shop to get personalized gifts for friends. I used them to get monogrammed scarves for a bunch of friends, and was impressed with the quality.



They have a great selection of wide brimmed hats perfect for the races.

Monogrammed Wide Straw Derby Hat.



This comes in a variety of colors, and has a wire rim so it will only flop where you want it to - genius! The price is not bad at $36.

Monogrammed Derby Hat - Floppy Outline.



This is the original Marley Lilly Derby hat, and it comes in 8 different colors. It does not have a wire through the rim so it will flop where it wants to. This will set you back $30.


Other options via Nordstrom:



Fascinator by Cara, $46.



Garnet Romantic Hat by August Hat, $78.


 Flower Fascinator by Badgley Mischka, $50.


Derby Fascinator Headband by Tasha, $38.


Marisa Sun Hat by Eric Javits, $375.


I would finish the look with a good luck charm (you want your horse to win, after all) or if you don't have your own lucky accessory you could always pick one up:

Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry: Mini Clover Bracelet, $155 via ShopBop


~Charlotte

P.S. When I started the idea for this post, the wonderfully bright and youthful Lilly Pulitzer (wiki) was still charming Palm Beach.



 On April 7th, 2013, Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau, the barefoot princess of Palm Beach, passed away surrounded by friends and family.

I don't think I could fairly illuminate how special Lilly was to those who had been bitten by her bright clothing empire lifestyle, and I won't here. I do recommend this article by Vanity Fair (thanks, Alix) that is a glowing tribute to the life of a lady who made so many others happy.

image via The Silver Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment