Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday's Treat: A Sundae for Thursday


Once upon a time in 2011, I worked for an ice cream parlor as a hostess. It absolutely hated it, though the sundaes were beyond compare. Originally I was going to recreate their peanut butter sundae, but while I was at the grocery store gathering supplies, a bar of chocolate caught my eye: milk chocolate with crushed up bits of pretzel. Into my basket it went, and onto my sundae when I got home, my plans of making a peanut butter sundae totally abandoned. Maybe some other time.

I also had a cookie that I needed to eat (that my wonderful roommate set aside for me).

So, this treat wound up becoming the dessert version of C.O.R.N. (For those of you not from the Midwest, it means "Clean Out the Refrigerator Now"...meaning you put random stuff you need to use up in a casserole dish, bake it, and serve it for dinner. I am incredibly grateful to my father for imposing a "No casseroles of any kind" law in our household growing up.)

So. Here's my sundae:



I put the cookie on the botton of my dish.



Then I beat the sh-t out of my chocolate bar with a rolling pin.



I put two scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the cookie and sprinkled them with chocolate bar debris. Then I made a mountain of whipped cream on top of it all and decorated with very small bits of chocolate. (...I guess now's as good of time as any to tell Charlotte that I used some of her whipped cream...)

And then I ate it all like I was Dudley Dursley.

I will, of course, be having a sugar crash at any moment, so I better reheat my coffee as an added precaution.

Have a wonderful rest of your week.

xx, Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment